At the material inlet point the belt is open in the same way as is the case with conventional belt conveyors. A special roller configuration forms the belt to create a special U shape. Material is transported to the outlet in the U-shaped conveyor. A similar roller configuration to the one used for shaping the belt is used to open it. U belt conveyors have major advantages over tube conveyors, e.g. higher feed rates. In other words, a narrower belt and a smaller design are used for the same feed rate.
- Easy to integrate in existing plants
- Suited for long distances and rough terrain as well as horizontal and vertical curves
- Conveyed material is protected against outside influences (wind, rain, snow, etc.)
- Environment is protected against potential loss of material
- Lower costs and smaller design compared to tube belt conveyors
- Identical capacities as conventional belt conveyors
- Maximum length of the conveyor is the same as with a conventional belt conveyor
A TEDO product, Schenck Process Group
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.