Low-pressure gravimetric feeder
The primary function of the Stock® Low Pressure Gravimetric Feeder (LPG) is to provide uniform and precise fuel or sorbent delivery by weight to fluidized bed or bubbling bed boilers, matching the demand for heat release in the boiler. Accurate fuel delivery ensures stable combustion control and a rapid response to changes in boiler load. In order to achieve this accuracy and reliability, Stock® has designed the LPG feeder utilizing rugged components and features which will lend themselves to a system that will operate for the life of the plant in the harsh environments expected. Many of these features are unique in the industry.
The LPG feeder offers operation with internal pressurized atmospheres with excursions up to 3 psi (0.2 bar) with weighing accuracy to within +/- 0.5 %. Standard inlet widths are 18” (457mm) and 24” (610mm) with special designs up to 39.4” (1000mm). Inlet shapes can be round or rectangular with length to width ratios up to 3:1. Feed rates up to 100 tons per hour are standard with higher capacities available.
Summary of Benefits
- Fuel savings through improved boiler efficiency.
- Ability to improve combustion efficiency/loss on ignition.
- Ability to improve pressure and superheat control.
- Less slagging, fouling, and corrosion.
- Ability to improve stability and response of combustion controls.
- Less NOX through better control of excess air.
- Reduced Operations & Maintenance costs.