Architectural design is becoming more innovative all the time. New advances in technology are making possible structures that would have been unthinkable a number of years ago. Where these innovative steel and concrete structures continue to withstand everyday load and stress, you’ll often find that we are behind it. That’s because Schenck Process weighing and feeding systems help to make steel strong and achieve the perfect cement mix.
We are looking for a committed Traffic Analyst
The Traffic Analyst is responsible for evaluating and designating transportation procedures to maximize delivery efficiency. Specific functions include:
- Researches and analyzes freight costs and classifications and delivery methods to minimize delivery costs and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and prioritize product shipments with shipping supervisor in order to insure material is available for scheduled pick up.
- Maintains appropriate records for claims or overcharges and damaged goods.
- Coordinates documentation, sailing schedules and delivery information with freight forwarders, internal departments and overseas personnel to ensure timely customs clearance and ultimate delivery to the customer as scheduled.
- Handles proper classification and documentation for imports and exports of hazardous materials that are aligned with international regulations.
- Coordinates export shipments including air and sea and with customer traffic department for method of transportation and delivery requirements.
- Prepares documentation for Export shipments and obtains quotations for larger shipments.
- Determines proper schedule B numbers for the commodity being exported per U.S. Census Bureau foreign trade requirements.
Required education and experience:
- Associates degree or relevant experience
- 2-4 years of experience in traffic or related area
- Relies on experience and judgement to accomplish goals
- Performs and variety of tasks while using a certain degree of creativity and latitude
- Negotiation skills to control shipping costs
- Expediting experience to ensure product is picked up and delivered on time
- SAP experience desirable
For consideration, please email resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Stock Equipment Company, Inc. Schenck Process Mining and Stock Fairfield Corporation are all headquartered in Chagrin Falls, OH (Place of employment). Together Stock, Schenck Process Mining and Stock Fairfield employ 155 people. Core competencies and capabilities are products/ systems/ plants for the power generation industry and resource processing in the mining industry.