About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
We are looking for a committed Manufacturing Engineer
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for defining and modeling the discrete capacity elements and total factory capacity and the scheduling and utilization of that capacity at Schenck Process LLC’s manufacturing facility in Sabetha, Ks. This includes close collaboration with operations, supply chain, and customer facing teams to provide high-confidence capacity statements and the responsibility to analyze actual performance data, execute structured problem solving to determine issues, and offering recommendations and plans to resolve.
This position is responsible for supporting the operations team with value add and value engineering efforts to reduce cost and improve productivity.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and maintain work centers, production routings, operation sequences and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies as well as sustain capacity statements utilizing SAP ERP system.
- Measure/collect relevant cycle time data including value-add and non-value-added cycle times of key process steps for all variants of Schenck Process LLC’s product portfolio.
- Build discrete capacity models for each of the processing sectors of the manufacturing process flow and equipment including the ability to model different product mixes through each capacity element to construct a factory capacity statement that can be used to credibly commit capacity and output to supply chain, finance, sales, and operations.
- Implement documentation which supports the manufacturing process as well as fixture and tooling design.
- Review requests for new sales orders and support schedule accordingly.
- Engage with customer support to support order schedule dates.
- Prepare KPI’s and reporting to facilitate and suggest actions to assure optimal utilization of available production and supply chain.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and implement complex contract language and translate them into compliant execution plans as part of a larger capacity statement.
- Implement lean manufacturing initiatives and other continuous improvement ideas to facilitate best-practice plans/schedules.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or other technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience required.
- Progressive manufacturing engineering experience preferred.
- Ability to create recommendations and assessments based on analysis of data and to effectively communicate conclusions to a wide range of stakeholders including senior executives.
- Knowledge of ISO.
- Planning/Scheduling experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement lean manufacturing concepts.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and ability to collaborate with a wide range of personnel including operators, engineers, and site leadership
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
For consideration, please email resume to: email@example.com
Schenck Process LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process LLC is North America’s largest manufacturer of conveying, filtration, weighing, feeding, screening, pulverizing, classification, thermal processing, sifting, and blending equipment. With over 50 years of manufacturing experience in North America, Schenck Process LLC has extensive application knowledge for processing industries such as chemical, food, plastics, pet food, grain, cement, mining, wood and petrochemical. As a member of the worldwide Schenck Process Group (Darmstadt, Germany), Schenck Process LLC has successfully executed fully integrated process systems for some of the most well-known manufacturers throughout the world.