About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
We are looking for a committed Buyer
This position is responsible for vendor selection of materials and services to be secured at best total cost, quality and delivery required for the company. The position is also responsible for timely planning of receipt of inventory to meet project goals and maintenance of information related to these tasks in the ERP system.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Reviews purchase order requisitions, determines potential vendors and requests quotations.
- Reviews quotations and determines lowest total cost vendor to meet company requirements.
- Issues purchase orders to approved vendors.
- Transmit order confirmation information into ERP system related to materials, parts and services.
- Resolution of supplier issues as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Business, Material Management or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain or inventory control.
- APICS Certification preferred.
This is a long-term temporary position with strong potential to become permanent. As a temporary, you will still be eligible to participate in our 401(k) retirement savings plan.
For consideration, please email resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schenck Process is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process LLC is North America's largest manufacturer of pneumatic conveying, filtration, weighing, and feeding equipment. We combine bulk material handling technologies to provide customers world class service and complete system solutions engineered to work together. Schenck Process LLC engineers have extensive application knowledge for processing industries such as chemical, food, plastics, pet food, grain, cement, mining, wood and petrochem. As a member of the worldwide Schenck Process Group, Schenck Process LLC has successfully executed fully integrated process systems numbering in the thousands throughout the world.