A cherry can become all kinds of things. Some are eaten straight off the tree, while others end up in a famous liqueur chocolate. Making sure that every chocolate contains a perfect cherry of just the right size is the task of state-of-the-art classification and feeding technology from Schenck Process.
We are looking for a committed Sales Engineer (Food Industry). Based at the home of the Kemutec Product range in Poynton – near Manchester, the role is to proactively build and service customer relationships within the Food Industry for the Kemutec and wider Schenck product range.
Sales Engineer (Food industry)
- To be part of a UK based team covering the target Food Industries, providing proactive and reactive end user support locally within the UK and additionally providing Kemutec product support for our Food team colleagues within EMEA.
- To work directly with the PUK4 Food Team Manager on specific Key Account activities including new leads and bid management.
- Make Customer visits to proactively promote our products and services and the benefits achievable with our solutions.
- To generate good quality enquiries and increase demand of our portfolio within the Food Market
- To prepare enquiry pre-qualifications and develop ‘strategies to win’ based on sound understanding of the Customer’s Technical and Commercial requirements
- Carry out a handover to the Applications and Proposals team Depending on workload and availability, it may on occasion be necessary to prepare the proposal directly.
- Follow up all enquiries issued and maximise proposal conversion rates.
- Negotiate both the technical and commercial details of the proposals and close the sale on all enquiries within acceptable company limits, maximising margins wherever possible.
- Fully utilise and manage all sales based activities (visits, calls, leads, enquiries, prospects and forecasts) using the Company CRM platform, to enable real time sales and contribution forecasts.
- Fully exploit digital platforms (LinkedIn etc) to grow a strong customer reference list and promote company activities
- Qualified in a technical, process or commercial subject or equvailent expeience
- Preferable sales or applications background
- Excellent interpersonal communications ability
- Good Time management and organisation ability
- Proactive approach to problem resolution
- Results driven
- Good commercial knowledge and negotiation ability
- Good prospecting and new business generation ability
- Good existing customer account management
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process UK Ltd is headquartered in Doncaster with a sales office in Stonehouse Stroud. Over 100 employees work within the organisation which specialises in innovative conveying technologies including pneumatic conveying and injection, belt conveyors, bucket elevators, chain conveyors and en-masse solutions plus the full range of weighing, feeding and metering technologies