About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
To design, test and where necessary, commission, electrical control systems for Baker Perkins machinery, meeting contractual/customer requirements within time and budget restraints.
- You will develop and produce PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance
- Design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications
- Specify technical requirements for bought out equipment
- You will produce machine test specifications
- Test equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required
- Provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning / Customer Services in the office and on site
- Help research and develop new products when required
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotes
- Provide briefings of existing specifications and latest developments of equipment to sales, commercial, manufacturing, customer services and installation & commissioning departments when required
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Motivated individual with the ability to work alone but still be part of a team
- Experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable, although on-site training will be provided
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications
- Knowledge of existing product range could be an advantage
- Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, within the UK and overseas
- Closing date Friday 26 February 2021
Baker Perkins' food processing equipment and service drive the production and profit at many of the world’s leading food manufacturers. In the bread, biscuit, confectionery, food extrusion and breakfast cereal sectors, top brands worldwide rely on technology supplied by Baker Perkins. The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and extensive service philosophy, extending from design and manufacture through installation and commissioning to Lifetime Support.