About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
The purpose of this position is to develop new products and provide expert technical advice for the adaptation and manufacture of Schenck Process products.
- Opportunity to build a long term career with strong support for continuous learning and professional development
- A friendly, fun, and flexible environment where we work collaboratively and celebrate our achievements
- A diverse and inclusive workplace providing equal opportunities for everyone
Product Development Engineer (Sunshine)
About the role:
As a part of achieving our ambitions, the Schenck Process Group Strategic Innovation Pillar is to “innovate through technology by harnessing digital and technological advances in our products and offerings”. It is envisaged that this role will assist with that development for Schenck Process Australia.
- Design, engineering and validation using an array of hand calculations, spreadsheet tools and software such as FEA, and 2D/3D modelling
- Development of documentation required for product release. Proactively engage with key stakeholders to ensure relevant input.
- Contribute to the development of FMEA’s and Risk assessments as part of the Product development process
- Develop relevant documentation for each decision point to allow for a decision on how to proceed on product developments
- Participate in and contribute to technical reviews to ensure product is developed in line with the customer’s expectation.
- Formulate requirements for, participate in and reporting on required product prototype testing.
- Development of technical information to new products to be integrated into the business including but not limited to: selection/application tools, generic manuals, SMS’,
- Ensure work is completed to agreed schedule and ensure Senior R&D Engineer is alerted to any potential slippage.
- Ensure work is completed to agreed budget allocation and ensure Senior R&D Engineer is alerted to any potential overrun.
- Development of scopes, specifications, test and performance criteria in collaboration with the Product Experts and Senior R&D engineers
- Support day to day engineering when required by Senior R&D Engineer
- Engage in peer reviews to ensure quality through cross checking engineering work (attending design review meetings and reviewing Engineering Review Registers as part of Safety in Design procedure)
- Other duties within your capabilities as required by management
- Must have a relevant Mechanical, Chemical, Process or Mechatronics Engineering degree from a tertiary institution recognised and/or accredited by Engineers Australia
- Preferable to be admitted as a Chartered Engineer with Engineers Australia and register as RPEQ
- Sound knowledge in engineering principles, ideally R&D engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years design engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical specifications and engineering designs and drawings (preferably AutoCad, and Inventor or Solidworks)
- Ability to ensure deadlines are met
- Innovative mindset with attention to detail
- Ability to think laterally to find alternative technical solutions
- Ability to demonstrate a level of technical expertise that will enable discussion with others at a high level
- Well-developed communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to understand, interpret and meet customer needs through the preparation of product specifications
- Proven ability to read, review and critique engineering design information and drawings
- Experience in Industrial/Mineral Processing, Measuring and Monitoring technologies and/or Bulk Materials Handling Systems preferred
We at Schenck Process stand by our company values. We openly welcome and support inclusion and diversity.
If you want to be in an environment that fosters excellence, innovation, and growth, then we encourage you to submit your application to:
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process Australia is headquartered in Sydney and has assembly workshops located on the East and West Coasts of the continent employing around 200 people. Core competencies and capabilities are engineering design and applications, production, procurement, project management for the minerals processing and materials handling in the mining industry.