Pneumatic Conveying and Injection for the Power Industry
Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying is suitable for transporting difficult, abrasive or friable materials and pushes material along a pipe in a plug form at relatively low velocities. Low velocities means minimal wear on pipes and bends, promoting minimum maintenance and extended service. Efficient use of compressed air also gives minimal power consumption and operating costs.
Schenck Process is regarded as one of the world’s leading Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying providers. Schenck Process’s range of Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying Systems capitalise on all the assets of Pneumatic Conveying: Simplicity, Reliability and Flexibility.
Designed to be a simple and effective method of transferring material from single or multiple collection point to either a single or multiple reception points and can be used throughout all aspects of the power industry to transfer all types of bulk solid materials ranging from fine cohesive powders to biomass pellets to wet lump coal.
Systems are available for handling material temperatures up to 450 degrees Centigrade and at rates of 300 tonnes / hour for distances in excess of 1600 metres.
To provide the most effective system solution requires a range of pressure vessels depending upon the material and distances to be conveyed.The range of pumps available from Schenck Process are as follows:
- DensPhase Pump – a simple system for low flow rates and short distances
- Multi Dense Phase – multiple pickup system for powders and granules
- Multi PD Pump – an efficient system for fine powders
- PD Pump – high capacity, long distances, batch system for fine powders
- TD Pumps – highest capacity and efficiency for long distance batch system for a blend of bottom fly and ashes
- RotoScrew® and RotoFeed® – batch or continuous conveying for specialist applications