Lithium-Ion Battery Production
LiOH & Li 2 CO 3 Chemicals
With the growth of mobile devices, electric cars, and utility-grade energy storage increases the need for lithium-ion batteries. Whether your lithium originates in ore or a brine deposit, Schenck Process offers a wide range of bulk material handling and dust collection systems that allows us to provide equipment solutions through various stages of lithium processing.
Lithium Ore Processing
The Schenck Process Raymond Mills and Bartlett-Snow calciners, rotary kilns, and coolers are designed to obtain the desired particle size and chemical composition. LST Filters remove dust and other harmful airborne materials.
Lithium Additive Systems
Bag dump stations or bulk bag unloaders are used together with pneumatic transfer systems that discharge the product into a loss-in-weight feeder, a weigh scale, or other process equipment.
Lithium Carbonate and Lithium Hydroxide Transfer Systems
Open loop or closed loop pneumatic conveying systems can be designed and supplied based on specific site requirements. Whether transferring battery grade lithium powder from a dryer to a storage silo or from a silo to packaging equipment or a bulk truck, Schenck Process can provide a complete transfer solution.
Pneumatic conveying technologies
Pneumatic conveying has fewer moving parts and greater flexibility for plants with changing needs. Enclosed pipelines protect the material from contamination and virtually eliminate degradation of the product into smaller particles that can present a dust hazard. Pneumatic conveying also integrates filtration while delivering materials to their destination.
It is important that chemical processing facilities employ dust collection systems that are uniquely designed according to plant specifications and also have the benefits of:
- Limiting emissions
- Being specifically designed for ease of maintenance
- Accounting for critical moisture concerns in the environment
- Including cleanout or inspection opening in ductwork
The MechaTron® feeder features the unique ability to disassemble, clean, reconfigure or service from the non-process side. Offered in three model sizes with either a Coni-Flex™ flexible hopper or in all stainless steel, the MechaTron®’s versatility makes it ideal for detergent processing applications.
- Feed rates from 0.057 to 32,160 liters per hour
- Conical mass flow hopper design
- Easy disassembly for cleaning and servicing
For high temperature processing of granular products and powders, the Bartlett-Snow™ Rotary Calciners are the perfect solution. Benefits include:
- Maximum product uniformity
- Greater yields
- Reduced process time factor
- Wide range of materials processed
The Raymond® Roller Mill is an air-swept vertical ring-roll mill with an integral classification system that simultaneously dries, pulverizes and classifies a number of different types of products for a wide variety of applications.
- Provides efficient control of product size with minimal power
- Maximum flexibility and control over mill variables
- Custom designed for your processing application
Bulk Bag Unloading
The SacMaster® bulk bag discharge system has a modular design that provides flexible positioning to meet many process requirements. A patented agitation system allows the SacMaster® to empty even the most difficult bulk solids from bulk bags of all types and sizes.
- Posi-flow agitation to eliminate material bridging and promote full bag emptying
- Two agitation and two pivoting paddles for full bag support
- Modular design for easy system customization and compatibility
- Dust collection units available for dusty or hazardous materials