Dilute Phase Conveying
Pneumatic Conveying System
Dilute Phase Pneumatic Conveying is ideal for transporting a wide range of dry bulk materials in a simple and cost effective manner. Materials are fed into a high velocity gas stream by use of rotary airlock valves and carried through pipelines to the destination.
The use of vacuum and pressure conveying options facilitates the handling of materials from multiple source points and can distribute to multiple destinations. Dilute phase conveying also supports flexible pipe routings (horizontal, vertical and turns) ideal for new and retrofit installations. The standard piping and associated filters result in an enclosed transport environment making for a safe, sanitary and clean mode of transport.
Products commonly conveyed in dilute phase systems include flours, resins and compounds, specialty chemicals, ground feeds, and granular and pelletized products.
Common types of dilute phase systems supplied by Schenck Process include: pressure, vacuum, combination vacuum/pressure and vacuum sequencing.Pressure Dilute Phase
- Easy to go from a single source to multiple destinations
- Increased process efficiency
- Requires some available head height at source but can convey directly into silos/bins
- Pull from multiple sources to a single destination
- Feed airlock helps control line loading
- Easy to create a dust free environment
- Combines advantages of both pressure and vacuum systems
- Utilizes some equipment such as the rotary airlock in dual service
- Vacuum receiver is filled with material on time or level intervals
- Simple operation can be based on time or level in a hopper, feeder or other bulk material handling equipment.