Bulk Material Handling Solutions for Compound and Vinyl Flooring Manufacturing
Serving the Flooring Industry
Schenck Process has a successful portfolio of serving and supporting engineered flooring manufacturers. With expertise in pneumatic conveying, weighing, feeding, and dust collection, we have designed and manufactured dry ingredient material handling and air filtration systems for some of the most well known brands in the carpet and specialty flooring industries.
We convey, collect, weigh and feed dry bulk materials such as PVC, calcium carbonate, titanium dioxide, and other minor ingredients to your process equipment for creating precision product mixes, compounded pellets, and extruded sheets. Our enhanced dilute phase conveying systems efficiently and accurately transfer raw materials to loss-in-weight feeders that precisely deliver ingredients to your extrusion lines. Schenck Process dense phase conveying systems provide gentle transfer of product mixes to your forming lines with little degradation of your valuable products. For managing heavy dust loads Schenck Process has a wide range of central dust collection and central vacuum system equipment.
Pneumatic conveying technologies
Pneumatic conveying has fewer moving parts and greater flexibility for plants with changing needs. Enclosed pipelines protect the material from contamination and virtually eliminate degradation of the product into smaller particles that can present a dust hazard. Pneumatic conveying also integrates filtration while delivering materials to their destination.
Dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems operate on the principle that the solids will be suspended in the conveying line air stream. This is accomplished by metering product into a moving air stream.
Benefits of dilute phase pneumatic conveying:
- Totally enclosed system
- Smaller footprint
- Significantly minimized degradation
- Few moving parts
- Reduced installation costs
- Lower maintenance costs
- Improves sanitary conditions and housekeeping
- Minimal product breakage
- Allows for greater system flexibility
- Reduces plant footprint
- Low horsepower requirement
It is important that flooring manufacturing facilities employ dust collection systems that are uniquely designed according to plant specifications and also have the benefits of:
- Limiting emissions
- Being specifically designed for ease of maintenance
- Accounting for critical moisture concerns in the environment
- Including cleanout or inspection opening in ductwork
The MechaTron® feeder features the unique ability to disassemble, clean, reconfigure or service from the non-process side. Offered in three model sizes with either a Coni-Flex™ flexible hopper or in all stainless steel, the MechaTron®’s versatility makes it ideal for flooring processing applications.
- Feed rates from 0.057 to 32,160 liters per hour
- Conical mass flow hopper design
- Easy disassembly for cleaning and servicing
Bulk Bag Unloading
The SacMaster® bulk bag discharge system has a modular design that provides flexible positioning to meet many process requirements. A patented agitation system allows the SacMaster® to empty even the most difficult bulk solids from bulk bags of all types and sizes.
- Posi-flow agitation to eliminate material bridging and promote full bag emptying
- Two agitation and two pivoting paddles for full bag support
- Modular design for easy system customization and compatibility
- Dust collection units available for dusty or hazardous materials