MoveMaster® Bucket elevators
Schenck Process manufactures Bucket Elevators that are ideally suited for the handling of materials such as coal, limestone and alternative fuels. The elevators are robust, economical and resistant to abrasion and can be designed to be dustless and able to handle materials up to temperatures of 350ºC or 662 ºF. The machines are designed for maximum throughout and incorporate special features and benefits designed for the various industrial markets aimed at reducing material degradation.
The Belt and Bucket or Chain and Bucket Elevators can be configured in a single, double or triple row bucket arrangement to suit the required tonnage rates. Schenck Process Bucket Elevators are manufactured by utilizing some of the most modern and up to date laser cutting, computerized punching and forming tools. With the additional use of jigs and fixtures this enables a high degree of precision and accuracy during manufacture and assembly, both in the factory and on-site.
Chain and Bucket Elevators are recommended for heavy loads and large lumps of material and are adaptable for materials that tend to pack together. Chain and Bucket Elevators are more suitable for very heavy-duty service.
Belt and Bucket Elevators are recommended for lighter and free-flowing materials with a small amount of lumps. Belt Elevators have a high degree of durability and can run at higher speeds.
The inclusion of Explosion Relief Panels is a serious issue. Consideration should be taken in the handling of materials that may produce levels of dust. When planning your project, consultation with the Health and Safety at Work Act involving COSHH regulations is advisable. Explosion relief panels can be supplied where recommended.
- Head Section: Manufactured from 3 and 5mm quality steel, stiffened and flanged for accurate assembly. The head section comes complete with a removable top profiled section for quick access to the 6mm thick rubber lagged pulley and shaft/bearing arrangement. The standard rubber lagged pulley assists the elevator for ‘start-up’ under loaded conditions and contributes to good belt alignment.
- Boot Section: Manufactured from 3 and 5mm quality steel flanged and stiffened for rigid construction and alignment. The elevator boot comes complete with a fabricated crowned pulley and shaft assembly with ample access and inspection doors incorporated with the boot design which also features a self cleaning boot arrangement as a standard feature which minimizes product degradation and admix. The elevator belt is tensioned via a screw arrangement on either side of the boot with capacity being achieved no matter which level the boot pulley is positioned.
- Casing: constructed from a thickness of 2mm, 3mm or 5mm steel dependent upon the overall size of the elevator. Sections fitted with flanges for dust-tight construction and ease of installation and alignment.
Bolted access panels are fitted for bucket installation and maintenance purposes.
- Belt: Multiply low stretch elevator belting with polyester/polyamide woven car case, Black Rubber covers and punched holes for bucket attachment. Oil resistant, fire resistant anti-static covers are available on request. Belt wander tracking sensors are available as an optional extra.
- Buckets: Quality pressed steel buckets designed to give maximum throughput but still maintaining the perfect fill and discharge characteristics. Optional plastic or stainless steel buckets are available on application.
- Finish: Standard – Painted Enamel: Optional – Galvanized steel or hot-dip galvanized special paint finishes or corrosion-resistant steels available on application.
- Drive: Multiply low stretch elevator belting with polyester/polyamide woven car case, Black Rubber covers, and punched holes for bucket attachment. Oil resistant, fire resistant anti-static covers are available on request. Belt wander tracking sensors are available as an optional extra.
- Optional Extras: The RoCon unit acts as a rotation sensor when fitted to the tension shaft of the Elevator to detect either a drop in speed or a complete stop. Access Platforms are available in either a half or full section design complete with a hooped safety ladder and rest platform where necessary.
- Explosion Relief: All Elevators come complete with a hinged explosion relief door fitted with a limit switch adjacent to the head section of the Elevator, plus a pair of explosion relief panels every 19 feet (six meters) or casing.