About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
To produce accurate specifications for fabricated components.
Engineer production requirements in line with the required manufacturing schedules.
Provide engineering support within the business and to help ensure its products can be produced to meet the requirements of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
Provide an accurate database of costs to help with sales quotations.
Be responsible in reducing costs and continuously improve the service of the Production Engineering Department to the rest of the business.
Production Engineer - Fabricator
- You will produce accurate Methods of Manufacture for fabricated components.
- You will produce DXF’s from engineering models.
- Help maintain manufacturing schedules with reference to business requirements.
- Resolve problems and improve processes and methods within manufacturing teams.
- Provide support for technical queries for all areas of the business.
- Interface between technical and shop floor personnel.
- Develop ideas for reducing costs in the business.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture.
- Undertake specific projects as and when required.
- Support the Production Engineering Manager as and when required.
- Willingness to travel if the business requires.
A Mechanical / Production Engineering qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing process, particularly fabrication.
- Experience with writing specifications, procedures and instructions.
- Familiarity with CAD and DXF’s.
- Qualified engineer to ONC/HNC level in Mechanical/ Production Engineering.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible and able to work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to tasks.
- Strong IT skills, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Closing date - Friday 12 March 2021
Baker Perkins' food processing equipment and service drive the production and profit at many of the world’s leading food manufacturers. In the bread, biscuit, confectionery, food extrusion and breakfast cereal sectors, top brands worldwide rely on technology supplied by Baker Perkins. The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and extensive service philosophy, extending from design and manufacture through installation and commissioning to Lifetime Support.