Many of us like to start the day with a delicious, freshly baked roll. But transporting the huge quantities of grain required for your breakfast roll demands perfect logistics. Schenck Process technology not only ensures efficient unloading of the cargo ship, but also weighs the grain, records quantities and evaluates it with maximum precision.
We are looking for a committed design engineer to join our team at Process Components
The following are desirable qualifications for the role, however we would also provide opportunities to learn and develop these skills
- Good communicator at technical level internally and with customers
- Experience of having worked within the pharametical industry
- Experience of having worked in food
- Experience with the machinery directive, atex directive and PED.
An engineering degree or equivalent experience is a requirement for the role, as is a postive mindset open to learning new skills and technologies as part of a team
- Accurately follow the specifications outlined in proposed projects to ensure that the overall product goal is achieved
- Be inventive and innovative in providing solutions to the project objectives
- Create and refine technical mechanical part and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the manufacturing goals of a project
- Support the company’s goals in exploiting fully the benefits available from the latest 3D drafting technology
- Create communication documentation to help convey the key aspects of a design to a client or manufacturing partner
- Carry out the creation of Product Codes, Bills of Materials, Detail Drawings (finished part, production & pre-production), O&M Manuals, internal & external training materials, marketing collateral, etc
- Assist with assembly and testing as required for production support and where testing results do not meet expectations or non-conformances are identified carry out root cause analysis and make recommendations for corrective action or improvement
- Create, control, and maintain design changes
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through by supporting change management processes and best practices.
Process Components is a part of Schenck Process business in the UK and is a designer and manufacturer of powder processing and handling equipment, components and spare parts, serving the Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Environmental industries. The product portfolio of PCL comprises the brands:
- KEK- GARDNER: founded in 1860, recognized for milling and sieving as well as mixing and blending technology.
- PPS Air Classifier Mills: founded in 1980.
- mucon: founded in 1946, the “hoover” of the Iris Valve world.
- kemutec: founded in 1980, globally recognized for powder processing equipment and systems.