About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
The role is split into two parts, the first is take ownership of the CAD / PLM and engineering systems, providing day to day support, to ensure a stable working platform.
The second part is to drive the development of these systems, workflows and standards to develop a class leading engineering data management network for the entire business.
CAD / Engineering Systems Manager
- First line technical support for all CAD/PLM users in the business (on and off-site)
- Resolution of day to day issues, by identifying the root cause and putting effective solutions in place
- Managing partner helpdesk enquiries to ensure we get the support we need, and to communicate with the PLM community where necessary
- Produce and manage programs for software updates, testing and installations
- Organise software training and manage staff training records to ensure the latest features and best practise are being used
- Identify and develop effective workflows for common tasks with the CAD/PLM environment
- Develop the use of re-use tools (Standard Parts, Designs and Processes) to help reduce engineering lead times
- Identify and develop the necessary systems to allow effective access to live engineering data across the whole business
- Drive a strong bi-directional integration between Teamcentre and our with our ERP system (Epicor)
- Manage and support the roll out of new workflows, processes and systems, with suitable documentation and training to ensure an effective take-up
- Look at ways to better manage engineering data currently existing in silos
- Evaluate hardware needs, produce specifications and management hardware allocation
- Produce and/or support business CAPEX processes when needed
- Support the IT function with CAD / PLM / engineering data requirements for hardware, network, servers and security
- To be aware of and follow all company Health and Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others
- Degree in Engineering / a related Field or suitable experience
- Significant experience providing first line support to CAD/PLM users on and off-site
- Experience in managing and developing CAD/PLM systems within an engineering environment
- Skilled in the administration of Teamcentre
- Knowledge of ERP/CAD (Epicor in particular) integration desirable
- Experience managing CAM data, revision control, engineering change requests would be beneficial
- Experience of project management / change management advantageous
- A design engineering background is preferable but not essential for this role
- Occasional travel is to be expected
Closing date: Friday 5 March 2021
Baker Perkins' food processing equipment and service drive the production and profit at many of the world’s leading food manufacturers. In the bread, biscuit, confectionery, food extrusion and breakfast cereal sectors, top brands worldwide rely on technology supplied by Baker Perkins. The company's strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and extensive service philosophy, extending from design and manufacture through installation and commissioning to Lifetime Support.