The perfect plastic composition is key to ensuring that your rubber duck maintains its radiant yellow even after hours in the bath. And you can thank state-of-the-art Schenck Process feeder technology for this composition.
We are looking for two committed Apprentice Afttermarket Sales/Service Engineer Technicians. One will be based in our Doncaster office and other at our Stroud office, with both requiring regular attendance at customer sites
The apprentice will split their company-based time between the Aftermarket Sales and Aftermarket Service team With the Sales team they will be responsible for creating spare parts sales quotations and orders in response to customers and Aftermarket Sales Management requests. Within the Service team they will work on customer sites to carry out service and maintenance duties in an efficient & professional manner.
They will also work with a local college to complete a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Advanced Manufactuing Engineering - Technical Support
Apprentice Afttermarket Sales/Service Engineer Technicians
With the support of their line manager, mentor and team the apprentice will develop into undertaking the following activites;
Aftermarket Sales duties
- Provide technical support to customers and colleagues.
- Expedite key quotations through the various IT systems as required.
- Maintain and maximise spares sales margins.
- Respond pro-actively to customers’ reasonable expectations.
- Attend site for measuring and support sales visits.
- To produce engineering drawings
- Expedite live spares quotations through the CRM system as directed.
- Liaise directly with suppliers where necessary to obtain prices
Aftermarket Service duties
- Carry out service & maintenance work and complete detailed reports on findings.
- Carry out the fitting of spares/service inspection visits in accordance with the Schenck work procedures.
- Execute sales visits to customers when called upon to do so.
- Carry out investigations and trouble shooting as requested and provide written reports.
- Carry out installation work as requested
- A desire to work within an engineering enviroment, with the abilty to demostrate a keen interest in engineering
- The committment to continously learn new things, in college work and from collegues within the company
- 4 GCSES A-C grade including maths, english and science
- To hold a full clean driving licecnce by April 2022 (for travel to customer sites)
- To be over 18 by April 2022 (to enable attandance at customer sites)
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process UK Ltd is headquartered in Doncaster with a sales office in Stonehouse Stroud. Over 100 employees work within the organisation which specialises in innovative conveying technologies including pneumatic conveying and injection, belt conveyors, bucket elevators, chain conveyors and en-masse solutions plus the full range of weighing, feeding and metering technologies