About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
The quality technician is responsible for maintaining the quality-assurance processes, inspect products / equipment, records and analyse results data during product manufacturing, review MDRs and compile ITPs as required.
- High-performing team reputed for its great culture
- Full-time, permanent role; long-term career opportunity
- Competitive salary and access to our employee discount program
Junior Quality Officer (Jandakot, WA)
About the role:
Reporting to Quality Manager and working in conjunction and with the Quality Officer, the quality technician will follow through on set processes, ensuring adherence to product quality specifications and best production practices.
- Assures consistent quality of production and enforce good manufacturing practice systems and validating processes, to ensure that products / equipment comply with Schenck’s specifications and quality standards
- Monitor the progress and adherence to Workshop Build Report and required equipment inspections, confirming compliance with engineering drawings and internal standards
- Conduct incoming inspections for the high impact to quality products / equipment
- Assist with the coordination and completion of the suppliers Inspections and Test Plan (ITP), as required
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, validated and maintained
- Work with internal suppliers (e.g., Engineering, Projects) and internal customers (Purchasing, Production) to improve processes and handovers
- Report quality issues identified during manufacturing process and participating in the non-conformance investigations
- Constant updating of job knowledge by reading Schenck technical publications and participating to internal training as assigned
What we need from you:
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment with high focus on quality control and assurance
- Intermediate level of skills in the Microsoft Office Package, including Excel and Word
- Training and / or practical experience in welding inspection
- Understanding of and/or experience with common Non-Destructive Testing routines
In return, we offer you:
- A diverse and inclusive workplace providing equal opportunities for everyone
- Onboarding and induction program to set you up for success
- A friendly, fun, and flexible environment where we work collaboratively and celebrate our achievements
We at Schenck Process stand by our company values. We openly welcome and support inclusion and diversity. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply
Schenck Process provides equal opportunities without discrimination in all our recruitment. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, where all employees are given the opportunity to develop and contribute to their full potential.
Our corporate culture is characterised by an openness to new ideas, comprehensive thinking, self-responsibility and flat hierarchies, which our employees experience and implement on a daily basis around the globe. We are driven by new technical challenges day after day. No matter whether you join us as someone with plenty of experience, a new recruit with emerging experience, a student, graduate or intern – the future looks bright for you!
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process Australia is headquartered in Sydney and has assembly workshops located on the East and West Coasts of the continent employing around 200 people. Core competencies and capabilities are engineering design and applications, production, procurement, project management for the minerals processing and materials handling in the mining industry.