Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying
What is Dense Phase Conveying?
Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying is a method for moving difficult, abrasive or friable materials, at slow speed. It pushes material along an enclosed pipe, in a plug form, using small amounts of gas, at a low velocity but high pressure. The low velocity of dense phase conveying allows for less wear and tear on both the system and the materials being conveyed, thereby minimising maintenance.
Through the Clyde Process brand, Schenck Process is regarded as one of the world’s leading Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying providers.
Efficient use of gas also ensures low power consumption and operating costs, whilst the enclosed pipeline means that no material escapes and is therefore not wasted.
Most commonly, the process will mean moving material from a single collection point to either a single or multiple reception points.Why install a Dense Phase Conveyor:
- Efficient and effective handling of abrasive and fragile materials
- Low operating costs, through its low air consumption
- Minimal wear for long life performance
- Minimal degradation of material
- Minimum maintenance – fit and forget mentality
- No wasted material
To allow for the most efficient performance of Dense Phase Conveying, the team at Schenck Process have engineered – ProPhase.
- Modular design, offers flexible, variable handling techniques, all from one unit – rather than sourcing units with multiple handling pumps
- Intelligent, on-board control for simple operation and performance monitoring – no need for site tampering
- Engineered for your project by experts – with over 40 years of experience.
- Cement and gypsum
- Coal and biomass
- Grain and agriculture
- Lime and limestone
- Metals and minerals
- Pet food
- Steel and NF metals