Bartlett-Snow™ Rotary Calciners are a highly effective and cost efficient means for high temperature processing of various granular products and powders. The unit is specially designed to provide for controlled and uniform process conditions.
Material is fed into a rotating cylinder that is externally heated according to process related time versus temperature criteria. As the cylinder rotates, the material is gently tumbled as it flows from the feed end of the cylinder to the discharge end. The action promotes uniform exposure of the product to a defined environment. Various processes employs reaction gases in direct contact with the product to propagate a given reaction or cover gases to protect the product.
Proper selection of the calciner cylinder material is critical and is determined by process temperature, process compatibility and physical size considerations.
- Metallic Alloys – 2250°F / 1230°C
- Quartz – 2200°F / 1200°C
- Ceramic – 2800°F / 1540°C
- Graphite – 3632°F / 2000°C
Bartlett-Snow™ rotary calciners are provided with automatic temperature, pressure and electrical controls with furnaces featuring multiple gas, oil or dual fuel burners, or electrical heating elements arranged in zones. Available in sizes ranging from 6-120in / 152-3048mm diameter with lengths from 10 to over 100ft / 3.04 to over 30.48m. Co-current or counter-current.
Advantages: Compared to conventional tunnel kiln or mesh belt style equipment.
- Maximum Product Uniformity – the material bed is constantly being turned over, all of it is exposed uniformly to its required environment.
- Greater Yields – all of the material is processed, none is overheated or under heated.
- Reduced Process Time Factor – due to uniform exposure and dynamics of the products, process time requirements are drastically reduced.
- Capital Costs – with reduced process time requirements, the equipment is smaller and therefore less costly.
- Operating Costs – material is continuously conveyed eliminating the ongoing replacement costs of holding containers and automation devices.
Typical material processed:
- Activated Carbon
- Ceramic Compounds
- Contaminated Soils
- Manganese Dioxide
- Metallic Oxides
- Rare Earths
- Tungsten Compounds
- Titanium Oxide
- Uranium Compounds
- Vanadium Compounds
- Zinc Oxides
- Molybdenum Sulfide
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.
Get the local support you needSearch now
Got a challenge, a question or some feedback for us?Get in touch
Need some urgent help? We’re here for you 24/7Contact us now