The Mucon® Mini Promoflow is the perfect solution for assisting the discharge of product from hoppers, silos and IBCs. The custom made internally mounted screens are specially designed to transmit vibration directly into the product preventing material ‘bridging’, ‘rat-holing’ or segregation during discharge.
Many reasons prevent powdered or granular materials from discharging from hoppers or silos. Material converging towards the outlet of a hopper builds up forces within itself, which can cause it to become self-supporting. Particle size, particle shape, material bulk density, moisture content and hopper design are some of the factors which determine whether a product will bridge, rat-hole or segregate upon discharge.
To prevent the problem of poor material flow, the installation of a Promoflow discharge system will promote the flow of any product which is normally capable of flow, but which needs occasional or frequent help to get started or to keep it moving. Promoflow discharge systems induce vibration directly into stored product keeping it “alive” and therefore reducing the strength of any bonding or locking of the particles which may cause a flow problem. Robust vibrators mounted externally activate vibrating screens mounted on the inside of the silo walls, where flow problems occur. The air powered vibrator is attached to the internal screen by a specially designed, sealed bolt assembly. Rubber isolation mounts attach the Promoflow discharge system to the hopper, preventing leakage through the mounting holes. The whole unit is allowed to vibrate whilst imparting little or no vibration to the hopper itself.
The Promoflow material discharge systems are used in a wide variety of industry sectors such as food, pharmaceutical and chemical etc. Typical products that have been successfully handled by the Mucon® Promoflow range are as follows: Asbestos, wood chips, sand, bauxite, shredded paper, bone meal, metal powders, fire clay, wood shavings, coal dust, lime, ore slag, glass frit, gypsum, cement, plaster, ester, vermiculite, metal silvers etc.
- Available for larger applications in sizes
- Standard material discharge systems are a range of general-purpose models for a multitude of applications associated with average sized storage vessels and silos
- Super material discharge systems are designed for large silos and to cope with the most arduous of applications, where the bulk density of the silo contents is high
- The rubber isolation mounts are considerably more resilient to accommodate the increased loads
- Ability to be installed to any existing hopper or silo
- The discharge aid is directly located within a storage vessel where a flow problem exists
- Low energy and air consumption
- Well proven design with many satisfied users in a wide variety of applications
Imparts little vibration to the silo itself, this avoids compaction higher up the vessel normally associated with other types of products
- Promoflow also avoids material fatigue factors often associated with other types of discharge aids
- Quiet in operation
- Quick and easy to install
- Transmits vibration directly into the product, shakes the contents, not the bin
- Available in a wide variety of screen shapes and sizes to suit any shaped vessel
- Screens can be produced in mild steel and stainless steel
- Manual and programmed control packages are offered
- Pneumatically actuated, but can be controlled with an electric solenoid and an electric timer
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.