The standard Mucon® range of stainless steel hygienic dosing valves offers an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of powders, granules and liquids. The Mucon® range is made to exact tolerances and finished to the highest, most stringent hygienic requirements. Specifically designed for use in the pharmaceutical, food and dairy sectors, where the highest level of hygiene is required. The six lobed leaf rotor reciprocates back and forth to control the rate at which material will flow through the valve similar to a traditional rotary valve. Its crevice-free, smooth bore and compact design allows the dosing valve to be easily cleaned.
- The body of the valve – 316L stainless steel
- Gasket seals – silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
- Internal high polish finish – RA <0.4µm or to customer requirements
- External polish finish – RA <1.2µm or to specific customer requirements
- Other components are produced in AISI 304
The Mucon® Oyster Bolted Dosing Valve can also be offered with a clamp system for quick disconnect, where quick cleaning is a necessary. Perfectly for any high hygiene applications including pharmaceutical, food, dairy or fine chemical. Suitable for flow control of most powders, granules and pellets.
Mucon® not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but will also collaborate with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to specifically meet customers exacting requirements.
- Available in sizes DN150 (6”), DN200 (8”), DN250 (10”) and DN300 (12”) – DN100 (4”) is currently under development
- The valves is powered by a spring return or air/air pneumatic actuator
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- All Mucon® Oyster Hygienic Valves are designed according to cGMP standards, for easy maintenance and trouble free operation
- The valve design ensures optimal hygienic and functional characteristics and eliminates recesses with hard-to-clean corners
- ATEX certification to II 2GD c IIB T4/T135°C (ask for other zones)
- Wide variety of connections available including:TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO285, TC OSAME A, weld end, mounting collar, compact series
- Suitable for CIP and SIP
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.