The Mucon® range of stainless steel hygienic butterfly valves offers an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of powders, granules and liquids. The Mucon® range is manufactured to exact tolerances and finished to the most stringent hygienic requirements. These butterfly valves are designed for use in the pharmaceutical, food and dairy sectors specifically, where the highest level of hygiene is required.
- Allows the end user to maintain high levels of hygiene reducing the risks of product contamination or microbiological growth due to Its crevice-free, smooth bore design
- The valve body is assembled using stainless steel fasteners that ensure a robust and rigid construction
- Fasteners kept to a minimum to enable easier disassembly for cleaning, but for applications requiring regular cleaning we recommend the Mucon® Oyster
- Compact series fitted with the patented clamshell body clamp
- Valve body – 316L stainless steel gasket seals – silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
- Other components are produced in AISI 304 Internal High Polish Finish – RA <0.4µm
- External polish finish – RA <1.2µm or to specific customer needs
- The Mucon® Oyster butterfly valve should be used when quick disconnect from process is necessary
- Perfect for any high hygiene applications including pharmaceutical, food, dairy or fine chemical
- Suitable for in-line isolation or open discharge of most powders and liquids
Mucon® not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but will work with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to specifically meet customers exact requirements.
- Available in sizes DN100 (4”), DN150 (6”), DN200 (8”), DN250 (10”) and DN300 (12”)
- Able to be fitted with manual hand lever or pneumatic actuator options (also available with position indication switches)
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- All Mucon® Oyster hygienic valves are designed according to cGMP standards
- For easy maintenance and trouble free operation
- The design ensures optimal hygienic and functional characteristics and eliminates recesses with hard-to-clean corners
- Features include ATEX certification to II 2GD c IIB T4/T135°C (ask for other zones)
- Suitable for CIP and SIP Wide variety of connections available including: TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO2852, TC OSAME A, weld end, connecting flange, wafer
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.