Raymond® Bowl Mill
The Raymond® Bowl Mill is considered the finest vertical roller mill available for pulverizing coal. With the high cost of fuel, many companies are discovering that it is increasingly cost effective to utilize coal or petroleum coke as primary or alternative fuel for firing kilns, air heaters and other process equipment.
Raymond® Bowl Mills provide the following performance features:
- Wide range of capacities – 13 sizes provide base capacities from 8 to 150 tph.
- Easily adjustable fineness – externally adjustable classifier permits selection of fineness from 70% to 95% through 200 mesh without stopping the system.
- High turndown ratio – system allows safe, easy, instantaneous adjustment of capacity without affecting fineness, with a turndown ratio up to 5 to 1.
- Quiet, smooth operation – design insures no metal-to-metal contact between grinding rolls and ring, fuel grinds on fuel. This results in smooth, vibration-free operation with low noise levels.
- Handles variety of fuels – accepts bituminous, sub-bituminous and lignite coals and petroleum coke with initial moisture content as high as 40% for lignites.
- Flexibility – available with both dynamic and static classifiers, spring or hydraulic journal loading, designed to operate efficiently in direct and indirect solid fuel firing systems
A state of the art air-swept vertical mill available in a range of sizes to suit applications from 5 to 150 metric tons/hour grinding capacity.
- Less airflow required and less wear and tear thanks to aerodynamic design inside the mill
- Efficient grinding of a large range of materials through sophisticated hydro-pneumatic control of the grinding forces
- Easy maintenance and short outage times with a hydraulic swing-out mechanism and clever design
- Suits product finesses below 99% passing 45 microns (325 mesh)