The Mucon® range of stainless steel hygienic composite valves offers an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of powders and granules. The Mucon® range is made to exact tolerances and finished to the highest, most stringent hygienic requirements. These valves have been specifically designed for use in the pharmaceutical, food and dairy sectors, where the highest level of hygiene is required.
Principle of Operation
The Mucon® Oyster Composite Calve is designed to dispense product volumetrically to achieve accurate feed weights. Discharge of product occurs in two phases:
1. The bulk discharge phase in which the main leaf is opened by a pneumatic actuator and the valve works like a butterfly valve. As the target weight is reached, the main leaf is closed.
2. The fine dosing phase during which the main leaf remains closed and the dosing ball is operated by means of a pneumatic 180° actuator. As the ball rotates back and forth, it’s lobed surface dispenses product volumetrically in small amounts, enabling an accurate target weight to be reached.
- The body of the valve – 316L stainless steel
- Gasket seals – silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
- Internal high polish finish – RA <0.4µm or to specific customer requirements
- External polish finish – RA <1.2µm or to specific customer requirements
- Other components are produced in AISI 304
- Perfect for packing and weighing systems where a high level of accuracy and hygiene is required
- Any fine dosing application
Mucon® not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but can also work with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to meet our customers specific requirements.
- Available in sizes (leaf/ball) DN150/65, DN200/80, DN250/80 and DN300/80
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- The ball can also be fitted with a ‘bridge breaker’ to promote the flow of material into the lobes and through the valve
- Dosing ball can be co-moulded to achieve an improved seal when the valve leaf is closed and the ball is at rest
All Mucon® Oyster hygienic Valves are designed according to cGMP standards, for easy maintenance and trouble free operation. The valve is designed to ensure optimal hygienic and functional characteristics and eliminates recesses with hard-to-clean corners.
- ATEX certification to II 2GD c IIB T4/T135°C (ask for other zones)
- Wide variety of connections available including: TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO2852, TC OSAME A, weld end, mounting collar, compact series
- Suitable for CIP and SIP
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.