The standard Mucon® range of stainless steel hygienic butterfly valves offers an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of powders, granules and liquids. The Mucon® range is produced to exacting tolerances and finished to the most stringent hygienic requirements. These stainless steel hygienic butterfly valves have been designed specifically for use in the pharmaceutical, food and dairy sectors, where the utmost level of hygiene is required. The end user can quickly and effortlessly strip-down the complete butterfly valve for total cleaning due to its crevice-free, smooth bore and compact design.
- Valve body – 316L stainless steel
- Gasket seals – silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
- Other components are produced in AISI 304
- Internal high polish finish – RA <0.4µm or to customer requirements as specified
- External polish finish – RA <1.2µm or to specific customer requirements
- Use when quick disconnect, quick cleaning is a requirement
- Perfect for any high hygiene applications including pharmaceutical, food, dairy or fine chemical
- Suitable for in-line isolation or open discharge of most powders and liquids
Mucon® not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but will work with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to specifically meet customers exact requirements.
- Available in sizes DN150 (6”), DN200 (8”), DN250 (10”) and DN300 (12”) – DN100 (4”) is currently under development
- Able to be fitted with manual hand lever or pneumatic actuator options if required (also available with position indication switches)
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- When ease of disassembly is a key requirement combine the standard tri-clover valve mounting clamps with the patented
- Oyster clamshell body clamp making the oyster compact series the perfect choice
- Features include ATEX certification to II 2GD c IIB T4/T135°C (ask for other zones)
- Suitable for CIP and SIP
- Wide variety of connections available including: TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO285, TC OSAME A, weld end, mounting collar compact series
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.