Schenck Process and Redler, known throughout the world as the originators of ‘En-Masse’ handling, and manufacturers of top quality equipment are able to design and manufacture Belt & Bucket Elevators that are ideally suited for the handling of materials such as wheat, grain, coal, raw meal, limestone and alternative fuels. The elevators are robust, economical and resistant to abrasion and can be designed to be dustless and able to handle materials up to temperatures of 350ºC. . The machines are designed for maximum throughout and incorporate special features and benefits designed for the various industrial markets aimed at reducing material degradation.
The Belt and Bucket or Chain and Bucket Elevators can be configured in a single, double or triple row bucket arrangement to suit the required tonnage rates. The Schenck Process Belt and Bucket Elevators are manufactured by utilising some of the most modern and up to date laser cutting, computerised punching and forming tools. With the additional use of jigs and fixtures this enables a high degree of precision and accuracy during manufacture and assembly, both in the factory and on site.
Chain and Bucket Elevators are recommended for heavy loads and large lumps of material and are adaptable for materials that tend to pack together. Chain and Bucket Elevators are more suitable for very heavy duty service.
Belt and Bucket Elevators are recommended for lighter and free-flowing materials with a small amount of lumps. Belt Elevators have a high degree of durability and can run at higher speeds.
The inclusion of Explosion Relief Panels is a serious issue. Consideration should be taken in the handling of materials which may produce levels of dust. When planning your project, consultation with the Health and Safety at Work Act involving COSHH regulations is advisable. Explosion relief panels can be supplied where recommended.
- Head Section: Manufactured from 3 and 5mm quality steel, stiffened and flanged for accurate assembly. The head section comes complete with a removable top profiled section for quick access to the 6mm thick rubber lagged pulley and shaft/bearing arrangement. The standard rubber lagged pulley assists the elevator for ‘start up’ under loaded conditions and contributes to good belt alignment.
- Boot Section: Manufactured from 3 and 5mm quality steel flanged and stiffened for rigid construction and alignment. The elevator boot comes complete with a fabricated crowned pulley and shaft assembly with ample access and inspection doors incorporated with the boot design which also features a self cleaning boot arrangement as a standard feature which minimizes product degradation and admix. The elevator belt is tensioned via a screw arrangement on either side of the boot with capacity being achieved no matter which level the boot pulley is positioned.
- Casing: constructed from thickness of 2mm, 3mm or 5mm steel dependant upon the overall size of the elevator. Sections fitted with flanges for dust tight construction and ease of installation and alignment. Bolted access panels are fitted for bucket installation and maintenance purposes.
- Belt: Multiply low stretch elevator belting with polyester/polyamide woven carcase, Black Rubber covers and punched holes for bucket attachment. Oil resistant, fire resistant anti-static covers are available on request. Belt wander tracking sensors are available as an optional extra.
- Buckets: Quality pressed steel buckets designed to give maximum throughput but still maintaining the perfect fill and discharge characteristics. Optional plastic or stainless steel buckets are available on application.
- Finish: Standard – Painted Enamel: Optional – Galvanized steel or hot dip galvanised special paint finishes or corrosion resistant steels available on application.
- Drive: Multiply low stretch elevator belting with polyester/polyamide woven carcase, Black Rubber covers and punched holes for bucket attachment. Oil resistant, fire resistant anti-static covers are available on request. Belt wander tracking sensors are available as an optional extra.
- Optional Extras: The RoCon units acts as a rotation sensor when fitted to the tension shaft of the Elevator to detect either a drop in speed or a complete stop. Access Platforms are available in either a half or full section design complete with hooped safety ladder and rest platform where necessary.
- Explosion Relief: All Elevators come complete with a hinged explosion relief door fitted with a limit switch adjacent to the head section of the Elevator, plus a pair of explosion relief panels every six meters or casing
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.