Schenck Process Pulse Jet Filters can be used in a wide variety of air filtration applications. There are nine different dust collectors in the Pulse Jet family of filters that provide a wide range of air flows, access positions and air inlet arrangements. All models incorporate the same compressed air cleaning technology, reliable components and high quality construction.
LST/LSTC Pulse Jet Filters
The Large Square-housing Top-removal (LST) is similar to the ST filter, but of a larger size.
The LST filter is a square bodied pulse jet cleaned filter unit designed to handle medium to high air volumes up to 50,000 m³/hr, dependent on the material being filtered. The product is designed for applications where the footprint is limited, as bags are removed vertically from the top clean section rather than from the side via hinged opening access doors. It is also ideal for hazardous dusts, since no access is required into the dirty side of the filter during bag changing.
The same basic filter housing can also be fitted with pleated cartridges to offer higher filtration efficiencies and more filter area. The filter is then designated as an LSTC (Large Square Top-removal Cartridge), and can handle air volumes up to 70,000 m³/hr.
Design features of LST/LSTC pulse jet filters:
- The filter media is installed and removed through the clean air plenum of the filter.
- The plenum can be designed to be a walk-in plenum so that filter media replacement and maintenance can occur in an enclosure.
- When the option of a walk-in plenum is not selected, hinged doors on top of the plenum provide access to the filter media.
Typical applications for LST/LSTC pulse jet filters include:
- Process Dust Collection
- Nuisance dust collection
- Gypsum/Wallboard processing
- Coal/Coke/Alternate fuel handling
- Lime handling
- Metals and Minerals processing
- Grain handling