The Raymond® Bowl Mill is considered the finest vertical roller mill available for pulverizing coal. Each bowl mill system is designed to achieve the best solution for the processing application. The mill, feeder, classifier, fan, cyclone, dust collector and other system components are selected to meet the requirements and characteristics of the material processed.
Bowl mill system
The typical Raymond® bowl mill system is designed to simultaneously dry, pulverize, and classify solid fuels to 95% passing 200 mesh (<5%R75μ) with a wide range of capacities from 24 to 150 stph.
Raymond® Bowl Mills provide the following performance features:
- Wide range of capacities – base capacities from 8 to 150 tph.
- Easily adjustable fineness – externally adjustable classifier permits selection of fineness from 70% to 95% through 200 mesh without stopping the system.
- High turndown ratio – system allows safe, easy, instantaneous adjustment of capacity without affecting fineness, with a turndown ratio up to 5 to 1.
- Quiet, smooth operation – design insures no metal-to-metal contact between grinding rolls and ring, fuel grinds on fuel. This results in smooth, vibration-free operation with low noise levels.
- Handles variety of fuels – accepts bituminous, sub-bituminous and lignite coals and petroleum coke with initial moisture content as high as 40% for lignites.
- Flexibility – available with both dynamic and static classifiers, spring or hydraulic journal loading, designed to operate efficiently in direct and indirect solid fuel firing systems