Schenck Process Awarded Processing Magazine’s Breakthrough Product of the Year
Schenck Process announces that its SAE (Supplied Air Extruder) Hood was named the Processing Magazine 2016 Breakthrough Product of the Year. The decision to award Schenck Process was based on the product’s innovative design and industry leading technology in pneumatic conveying systems for pet food and food manufacturing.
The SAE Hood is a key component of the Schenck Process high feature Supplied Air Negative Airlift system which conveys extrudate from the extruder to a dryer with HEPA filtered or treated convey air instead of potentially contaminated air from the extruder room floor. This is important to all pet food and food producers concerned with avoiding finished product bacteria contamination after the extrusion kill step.
Other important features of the SAE Hood include:
- Airflow patterns within the hood are nearly identical to standard updraft hoods
- Production sampling procedure is the same as standard updraft hoods
- Gasket-free, machined mating surfaces for particle tight, low maintenance operation
- Small footprint design allows for close extruder spacing
- Compatible with existing dies and knife drives
- Suitable for heat or chemical sanitation processes
- Internal moving parts protect operators from pinch points
The package of features and benefits offered by the SAE Hood were a direct result of input from customers in pet food and food manufacturing processes. From those ideas a user friendly and safely designed air flow system for extrusion production processes was realized. Schenck Process is proud to be recognized as one of Processing Magazine’s 2016 Breakthrough Products of the year.