Hygienic design for MULTIDOS® F weigh feeder
The right volume is crucial. Be it for gravimetric feeding tasks or recording mass flows in the food industry – the MULTIDOS® F weigh feeder from Schenck Process delivers outstanding results every time. If the installation height is very low and gaps in transport need bridging, it’s certainly the right system: economic, space-saving and virtually maintenance-free.
The MULTIDOS® F weigh feeder (hygienic design) is tailored to the needs of the foodstuffs industry. It satisfies not only the stringent hygienic requirements of this industry but also offers numerous benefits. For example, the weighing module is incredibly easy to dismantle and assemble, saving time and effort for frequent cleaning intervals. Wet cleaning with a jet of steam is also easy. All relevant parts for cleaning are secured with easy-to-use plug connections. It is also available with a dustproof housing if requested by the customer.
The weighing module can be used as a measuring or feeding system. And what’s particularly smart is that the MULTIDOS® F can be optimised for any special application in the food processing industry. By integrating weighing technology from Schenck Process, the system precisely records products such as cocoa powder, cereals, salt or freeze-dried vegetables. The open variant of the MULTIDOS® F is also used for special applications in the meat-processing industry, for example when making mincemeat or sausages, or the fish-processing industry, i.e. those processes requiring the most stringent of hygienic standards.
The overriding features of the MULTIDOS® F weigh feeder are its versatility and extreme flexibility. The standardised modular system with a band width of 300 to 1200 mm and wheel bases of between 1000 and 3500 mm is available in 100 percent stainless steel. Its maximum output is 170 m³/hr.
The proven DISOCONT® or INTECONT® electronics are used for feeding or measuring systems. They can be installed in a control cabinet or used as a field solution in the MechaTronic version. Our control electronics are able to interface with modern bus connections such as Profibus DP, Ethernet or DeviceNet, making possible links to on-site process control systems.
EasyServe configuration and parameterisation software also assists the user in an easy-to-understand way. It is available on CD-ROM and contains detailed descriptions for the user.
The benefits at a glance
- Version with housing or as open model, 100 percent stainless steel
- Available in hygienic design as an option (suited for wet cleaning applications)
- Quick Clean design with removable casing and option for taking mechanism out to the side
- Quick and easy belt change using quick-clamping equipment
- Fixed drive technology outside the housing. No chain drive (plug-in coupling)
- Modern MechaTronic drive with integrated frequency converter, fully configured and wired to electronics (plug and play)
- Belt monitoring with automatic compensation for belt influences
- High throughput rates of up to 170 m³/hr, with high-precision measuring and feeding of between ± 0.25 and ± 0.5 percent
- Batch operation with coarse/fine flow function and loading at the point of discharge
We’re there for you
Partnership for us means always being on hand to support you whenever and wherever you need us. With our global network of locations and expert partners, we make sure we are always right by your side.
Schenck Process - your partner worldwide
With an unrivaled global network of operating companies and competent partners, the name Schenck Process is synonymous throughout the world with process expertise and well-engineered measuring technology for weighing, feeding, conveying, automation and air filtration.