Not all cements are the same. Wherever a complex bridge structure has to withstand very high loads, you’ll often find that we are the ones helping it to do the job. That’s because Schenck Process weighing and feeding systems help to achieve the perfect cement mix – for bridges that are built to last.
We are looking for a committed Tax Manager
Job Summary: The Tax Manager position is responsible for all corporate tax functions for Schenck Process LLC. These responsibilities include coordinating the federal and state income tax efforts for Schenck Process Holdings North America (SPHNA); managing VAT situations that arise; having oversight of the sales and use tax compliance; coordinating the research and development study by Deloitte; and coordinating any federal and state tax audits. Additionally, the position has oversight of the Project Accounting function.
Specific Job Functions Include:
- Responsible for the corporate tax functions for the North America tax compliance.
- Coordinate the work papers for the corporate federal/state tax returns.
- Coordinate the R&D tax credit documentation and site visits.
- Performs computation of the federal and state quarterly tax estimates in conjunction.
- Coordinate the documentation for the foreign withholding requirements (W-8BENS) and prepares related Forms 1042/1042-S.
- Resolves various state and federal inquiries regarding company tax or other compliance inquiries.
- Prepares monthly and year-end tax provision calculation.
- Coordinate the audit of the year-end tax provision.
- Global reporting to Schenck Process Global tax regarding local (US) tax issues.
- Coordinates the federal and state income tax audits.
VAT/GST/HST/US Sales Tax Compliance
- Understand the various business transactions that create VAT exposure in foreign countries and communicate with internal personnel suppliers, and customers.
- Coordinate the VAT registration process with the necessary foreign jurisdictions.
- Outline VAT process and communicate with accounting personnel.
- Prepares the applicable tax returns for the value added tax when required.
- Understand and provide the appropriate documentation for the international withholding tax.
Project Accounting Role
- Manages two Project Accountants in the Project Management accounting department.
- Provides actual and forecasted project reporting on a monthly basis.
- Monitors the revenue and billing status as needed.
- Calculated the IFRS#15 adjustment on monthly basis.
- Provides invoicing and cash flow projections to upper management as needed.
- Analyzes monthly financial results to insure accuracy and provide reports to upper management.
Bachelor degree in Accounting
5+ years of related tax experience
- 2 years of people management experience
Strong familiarity with corporate tax provision calcuations
- CPA designation and public acccounting experience required
Ability to analysis VAT situations and communicate necessary compliance
Familiarity with corporation multi-state registration process.
Ability to travel domestically approximately <15% of the time
For consideration, please email resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process LLC is North America's largest manufacturer of pneumatic conveying, filtration, weighing, and feeding equipment. We combine bulk material handling technologies to provide customers world class service and complete system solutions engineered to work together. Schenck Process LLC engineers have extensive application knowledge for processing industries such as chemical, food, plastics, pet food, grain, cement, mining, wood and petrochem. As a member of the worldwide Schenck Process Group, Schenck Process LLC has successfully executed fully integrated process systems numbering in the thousands throughout the world.