About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
We are looking for a committed Engineering Systems Manager
Eng. Systems Mgr.
Schenck Process is the global market leader of solutions in measuring and process technologies in industrial weighing, feeding, conveying, screening, air filtration and automation. We develop, manufacture and market a full range of solutions, products and turnkey systems on the basis of combining process engineering expertise, reliable components and field-proven technology. As a result of continued growth, we are adding an Engineering Systems Manager to our IT team.
The Engineering Systems Manager will manage activities associated with tools and systems supporting current and future engineering requirements of all engineering groups across multiple US locations.
- Communicating regional headcount & software requirements to corporate IT. Assisting in development of engineering systems budgets (CAPEX & OPEX) related to licensing, projects, and other cost related activities in support.
- Defining infrastructure & hardware to support new & existing software requirements.
- Negotiating, developing and maintaining engineering systems related vendor support and maintenance agreements.
- Software lifecycle management and communication/coordination with affected engineering teams (i.e. end of service, major patches or version upgrades).
- Coordinating mass or major software upgrades and installs.
- Auditing and maintaining proper user counts and appropriate licensing true ups for engineering systems. Provide guidance/assistance in creating and managing engineering system user accounts based on HR hires/terminations.
- Overseeing major engineering systems software projects and coordinate testing hardware (i.e. CAD Tool install project management, Windchill or database installations, coordination with Infrastructure team for data system management, storage and space, etc.)
- Providing Enterprise level software diagnostics & support for all engineering software. Experience with some or all of the following software is preferred:
- Autodesk (Inventor, AutoCAD, Vault)
- PTC (Creo, Windchill)
- SAP PLM/ECTR
- Finite Element Analysis, Computational Flow Dynamics (ANSYS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 5 years applicable work experience with engineering systems management and project management
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a CAD environment (i.e. Autodesk, SolidWorks)
- Experience managing others both directly and indirectly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
While the preferred location for this role is at our North American headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri, it can be located at any of our other US locations: Sabetha, KS, Whitewater, WI, Naperville, IL, Solon, OH, Bristol, PA, or Grand Rapids, MI. Remote based employment may be considered in limited circumstances.
For consideration, please email resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schenck Process LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process LLC is North America’s largest manufacturer of conveying, filtration, weighing, feeding, screening, pulverizing, classification, thermal processing, sifting, and blending equipment. With over 50 years of manufacturing experience in North America, Schenck Process LLC has extensive application knowledge for processing industries such as chemical, food, plastics, pet food, grain, cement, mining, wood and petrochemical. As a member of the worldwide Schenck Process Group (Darmstadt, Germany), Schenck Process LLC has successfully executed fully integrated process systems for some of the most well-known manufacturers throughout the world.