Electrical power is an essential commodity. With our high-efficiency feeding technology, we not only help to maximise output but also reduce emissions in coal-fired and combined heat and power plants.
We are looking for a committed Director, Global R&D and Engineering (Naperville, IL)
Director, Global R&D and Engineering (Naperville, IL)
Coordinate new product development and best practices for existing equipment design, optimization of global engineering resources and the Naperville laboratory and pilot plant testing facility for product development and customer testing. Lead R&D activities for the global RBS division of Schenck Process. Drive product development gate review process. Continuously improve the reliability, performance, availability, and maintainability of the pulverizer and solids processing products. Facilitate the design, development and delivery of superior component products, and develop and maintain design codes and standards needed for sale, design, manufacture, and service of the processing products (new and aftermarket systems and components). Demonstrate and validate products per customer requirements to support business development. Direct intellectual property activities and publications and guide development of international standards. Schedule and ensure timely completion of engineering to support successful processing of customer orders. Establish mechanical design standards to ensure products are properly designed and correctly manufactured and to support general quality initiatives. Develop business plans and monitor department expenses to maintain budget control. Develop the knowledge management process to allow rapid access to information and experience, and to support effective training. Attract, motivate, and retain key people, deploy them effectively, and ensure effective succession planning. Responsible for employee development and training, engagement, and performance. Ensure accurate documentation of test lab activities and quality control data and records. Oversee and ensure safety standards. Direct activities to ensure safety and compliance with quality control standards and regulatory compliance. Prepare Product Development annual budget. Travel 20% (domestic & international).
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Mining Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- 10 years of progressive experience in product development, R&D, mechanical design engineering, sales engineering, or product direction, analytical problem solving, manufacturing, or field service of heavy machinery in the grinding/milling product industry
- 10 years experience with grinding/milling products and technology
- 10 years of applying knowledge of the physical properties of coal, biomass, and other potential solid fuels for materials handling, drying, and pulverizers and their impact on equipment performance and operating life
- 10 years of applying knowledge of the performance requirements and operating environments for the pulverizer and solids processing products
- 10 years of experience with pulverizer designs and technologies including emerging and future
- 4 years of managing and supervising a team
- Travel 20% (domestic & international)
Mail resume to Jennifer Nollette, Schenck Process, 7901 NW 107th Terr, Kansas City, MO 64153.
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process LLC is North America's largest manufacturer of pneumatic conveying, filtration, weighing, and feeding equipment. We combine bulk material handling technologies to provide customers world class service and complete system solutions engineered to work together. Schenck Process LLC engineers have extensive application knowledge for processing industries such as chemical, food, plastics, pet food, grain, cement, mining, wood and petrochem. As a member of the worldwide Schenck Process Group, Schenck Process LLC has successfully executed fully integrated process systems numbering in the thousands throughout the world.