Many of us like to start the day with a delicious, freshly baked roll. But transporting the huge quantities of grain required for your breakfast roll demands perfect logistics. Schenck Process technology not only ensures efficient unloading of the cargo ship, but also weighs the grain, records quantities and evaluates it with maximum precision.
We are looking for a committed Design Engineer to join our team at Process Components
Through the application of sound engineering principles and practices and for the benefit of the company, its strategic, market and financial objectives carry out engineering design activities that support the company’s objective to provide high quality, technologically advanced products. Where necessary or appropriate ensure these products are tailored to exceed specific customer or application requirements.
- Accurately follow the specifications outlined in proposed projects to ensure that the overall product goal is achieved
- Be inventive and innovative in providing solutions to the project objectives
- Create and refine technical mechanical part and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the manufacturing goals of a project
- Support the company’s goals in exploiting fully the benefits available from the latest 3D drafting technology
- Create communication documentation to help convey the key aspects of a design to a client or manufacturing partner
- Carry out the creation of Product Codes, Bills of Materials, Detail Drawings (finished part, production & pre-production), O&M Manuals, internal & external training materials, marketing collateral, etc
- Assist with assembly and testing as required for production support and where testing results do not meet expectations or non-conformances are identified carry out root cause analysis and make recommendations for corrective action or improvement
- Create, control, and maintain design changes
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through by supporting change management processes and best practices.
- Good communicator at technical level internally and with customers
- Experience of having worked within the pharametical industry (desirable)
- Experience of having worked in food (essential)
- Experience with the machinery directive, atex directive and PED.
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process UK is headquartered in Doncaseter, South Yorkshire, with a service centre in Stonehouse, Stroud and the Process Components business based in Poynton. Over 140 employees work with the overall UK organisation Process Components design and manufacture of powder processing and handling equipment, components and spare parts, serving the Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Environmental industries. The product portfolio of PCL comprises the brands KEK-Gardneer, PPS Air Classifier Mills, Mucon and Kemutec Schenck Process UK Ltd specialises in innovative conveying technologies including pneumatic conveying and injection, belt conveyors, chain conveyors and En-Masse solutions plus the full range of weighing, feeding and metering technologies.