About you. About us. About us working together in the future?
Do you find small companies too small and large firms too impersonal? Are you looking for a company of a manageable size so you feel at home but with an international element so you can develop? Do you really enjoy the challenge of complex requirements – and don't just say that because it sounds good? Are you aware that independent working means more responsibility? Have you always wanted to grow with a company – and to have the feeling that you've really contributed something?
To continue to distinguish our brand through top quality products and service, we are looking for a committed member to join our Service Team.
- Mining industry experience highly favourable
- Full-time, permanent role; long-term career opportunity
- Competitive salary with site allowance and access to employee discount program
Mechanical Fitter (Rockhampton)
About the role:
As a Service Team member, you will actively seek to improve the level of service provided to our customers through:
- Ownership of an allocated mine site and working closely with our customers in ensuring equipment reliability through repairs, routine inspections, and shutdown maintenance
- Providing appropriate recommendations as per OEM specifications and maintaining stock levels to minimise downtime
- Supervision of trades personnel and contractors to ensure quality of work and HSMS adherence in a mining environment
- Working closely with Service Team members to ensure high quality work both on site and in the workshop
This is a full-time, permanent, Monday-Friday (not FIFO/DIDO) role that involves extensive travel to our clients' sites. Before applying, please thoughtfully consider the conditions stated and ensure that they are preferable to you.
To successfully fulfil the above duties, you have:
- Cert III qualification in a Mechanical discipline
- Ability to develop strong partnership with stakeholders
- Experience in servicing mineral processing equipment particularly vibration equipment
- Understanding of preventative maintenance strategies and strong commitment to work in the highest safety standards
To help you get the job done, you will:
- Undergo a thorough induction program to help you get up to speed in your first 6 months
- Work with a dedicated team, not just colleagues
- Receive guidance from leaders who know the work inside out and are invested in training and coaching new team members
- Receive competitive remuneration plus access to our employee discount program
- Be in a friendly, fun, and flexible environment where we work collaboratively and celebrate our achievements
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive workplace providing equal opportunities for everyone
If you are interested in becoming part of our Service Team, please apply with your resume and cover letter through Seek https://www.seek.com.au/job/50268193.
We at Schenck Process stand by our company values. We openly welcome and support diversity and inclusion.
Schenck Process provides equal opportunities without discrimination in all our recruitment. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, where all employees are given the opportunity to develop and contribute to their full potential.
Our corporate culture is characterised by an openness to new ideas, comprehensive thinking, self-responsibility and flat hierarchies, which our employees experience and implement on a daily basis around the globe. We are driven by new technical challenges day after day. No matter whether you join us as someone with plenty of experience, a new recruit with emerging experience, a student, graduate or intern – the future looks bright for you!
Schenck Process is a global technology and market leader in applied measuring technology. With over 2,500 employees around the globe and companies in 22 countries on all five continents, the Schenck Process Group has a turnover of approx. €550 million.
Schenck Process Australia employs over 270 people. Research, development and design are based at our Sydney head office, Sunshine (Victoria) screening media team and Beresfield (Hunter Valley, New South Wales) facility. Project management, purchasing, manufacturing, assembly, testing, servicing and warehousing facilities are based at our Hunter Valley, Sunshine and Perth sites. In addition, technical services are available from Rockhampton (Queensland), while Brisbane (Queensland) is a key sales office.