The dry facts.
Superabsorbent polymers (SAPs) are used in many different applications. As a versatile solution for absorbing liquids, they are mainly used in diapers but are also utilized in other segments such as adult hygiene, wound treatment, and expanding fibers. The powdered polymers swell on contact with aqueous media to form a gel, which binds and securely holds the liquid even under pressure. This remarkable property allows manufacturers to make diapers increasingly thin while improving liquid absorption and retention.
For many years Schenck Process has fed and conveyed SAP in the production of diapers and other hygienic non-woven products. Some of our technologies include:
- Unloading SAP from bulk bags with SacMaster® bulk bag unloaders
- Pneumatically conveying SAP from railcars to storage silos
- Dust collection throughout the entire manufacturing process
- Feeders for accurately spreading SAP over hygienic products
- Transferring SAP from silos into the manufacturing process can be done with either our dilute or dense phase pneumatic conveying systems
Many different technologies for handling SAP. All from one source.