Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying
Pneumatic Conveying System
Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying is suitable for transporting difficult, abrasive or friable materials and pushes material along a pipe in a plug form at relatively low velocities. This means minimal wear on pipes / bends, promoting minimum maintenance and long life. Efficient use of compressed air also gives low power consumption and operating costs.
Schenck Process is regarded as one of the world’s leading Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying providers. Schenck Process’s range of Dense Phase Pneumatic Conveying Systems capitalise on all the assets of Pneumatic Conveying: Simplicity, Reliability and Flexibility.
Designed to be a simple and effective method of transferring material from single collection point to either a single or multiple reception points and can be used throughout many industries to transfer all types of bulk solid materials ranging from fine cohesive powders to wet lump coal.
Systems are available for handling material temperatures up to 450 degrees Centigrade and at rates of up to 100 tonnes / hour for distances up to 200 metres.
To provide the most effective system solution requires a range of pumps and pressure vessels depending upon the material and distances to be conveyed.
The range of pumps available from Schenck Process are as follows:
- DensPhase Pump – a simple system for low flow rates and short distances
- PD Pump – an efficient system for fine powders
- CD Pump – a semi-continuous dense phase system
- D Pump – a pressure controlled system
- TD Pump – high capacity, long distances, batch system for fine powders
- MD Pump – large multiple pick up system for powders
- AV Vessel – small multiple pickup system for powers and granules